Monday, May 9, 2011

I Must Be Dreaming...


When I opened the letter I couldn't believe it. Is this for real? It's the opportunity of a lifetime... the Holy Land. But it's official: I'll be spending August 30th-December 15th at the BYU Jerusalem Center!! Could a girl be any more blessed?


In August 82 of us will head to the Jerusalem Center, located on the Mount of Olives. It's an 8 level structure set amid five acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. The dormitory rooms accommodate 4 people, and each room has a patio overlooking the Old City. It comes complete with an auditorium, cafeteria, classrooms, computer facilities, library, theater, and a gymnasium. My classes aren't quite figured out yet, but the tentative schedule includes Hebrew, Old Testament Studies, New Testament Studies of the Gospels, Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Arab and Islamic Civilization, Israeli and Jewish Civilization, and Jerusalem Center Field Trips (we'll get to go to Jordan and Turkey).  


I can't even express how excited I am to learn about the teachings and life of Christ and the early apostles in their original settings!

No comments: